Furniture designer wanted in Porto to join pfeifer.design
Pfeifer design furniture for manufacturing and retail brands worldwide. We create exceptional fit-for-purpose furniture on a commercial scale.
Established in London in 2003, the studio relocated to the Porto area in early 2019 and we are now looking for a furniture designer to join our small team here in Portugal.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their passion for design and experience in developing furniture for production.
2-5 years work experience would be ideal.
The design position requires the following skills:
- consistent creativity, capability in generating ideas and contributing to group ideation, working to brief and studio projects
- excellent communication skills
- a strong creative mind and being able to demonstrate a coherent design process
- Advanced 3d modelling in SolidWorks (solids and surfaces) with experience in Blender an advantage
- Creating renderings in SolidWorks and Visualise
- Preparation of technical drawings in SolidWorks
- Hand sketching skills – on paper and Sketchbook Pro
- Adobe creative suite including Photoshop and InDesign an advantage
- An understanding of the process of furniture making, including an understanding of materials, construction and joinery
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) with Portuguese an advantage
Applications emailed as A4 landscape PDF files, and to include examples of: process, hand sketching, 3D modelling, rendering and production drawings as well as a design portfolio.
No websites or web links.
Apply for Furniture designer
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.